Open House – Personal Support Worker
VHA will be holding a Virtual Job Fair on July 21, 2021 to hire Personal Support Workers for full-time and part-time PSW positions in the GTA Simply book an Interview Time and take your first step to join our incredible team of healthcare professionals that provide spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
Personal Support Worker (PSW) – VIRTUAL JOB FAIR
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Time: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
Location: Online (Microsoft Teams)
Please have readily available your resume, PSW / Relevant Health Care diploma/certificate, two references, and photo ID.
Why Work at VHA?
- VHA has over 90 years of experience providing high-quality care you can be proud of.
- A stimulating, client and family-focused work environment.
- A variety of full-time and part-time positions.
- We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning.
- Mileage reimbursement (Durham)
- Competitive compensation and paid orientation.
- Eligible staff are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package.
- Pension is available to eligible staff.
- A confidential, free Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff and service providers.
- We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment.
To qualify for this role, VHA is looking for PSWs with the following skills and experience:
- PSW certification from a recognized educational institution
- RN/RPN/DSW/HCA/Personal Attendant certification
- Internationally educated nurses and Physicians
- Graduates from a paramedic program
- Drivers Licence and Reliable Vehicle for Durham Candidates
- Experience providing homemaking and personal support activities, including care of seniors and/or children
- Compassionate and flexible nature, and client-centered approach to caregiving
- Can recognize safety issues and follow safe work practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good judgment, problem-solving and assessment abilities
- Able to travel between assignments, and workdays, evenings, and weekends
Since 1925, VHA Home HealthCare has lent a helping hand to people in the community. As a not-for-profit charitable organization, we support seniors, families, people with disabilities, and those living with chronic or terminal illness to live as independently as possible. With over 3,000 staff and service providers—including personal support workers, nurses, rehabilitation professionals, home support workers, and office support staff—we provide services 24 hours a day, seven days a week to clients in their homes and the community.
At VHA, we’re passionate about the work we do, the impact we make, and about supporting our clients, communities, and each other. As a VHA team member, you’ll do more than provide services to clients; you’ll build strong, long-lasting bonds and real relationships with our clients and their families. We offer high-quality, multilingual services in southern Ontario and our work environment focuses on supporting clients and staff through client-centered care, well-connected health care teams, and continual improvement. Our people are as diverse as the clients and communities we support and we value your unique talents. So, if you’re passionate about serving others and making a difference, you belong at VHA.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application or contact us over the phone in advance.
- Non-profit Organization Management
- Health, Wellness & Fitness
- Hospital & Health Care
- Customer Service
- Information Technology